Saturday, September 17, 2011

It's the little things

Yea so I suck at this blogging thing and I have so many pictures that I haven't put up yet. I suppose I can save them for those days when I'm being lame and haven't done anything interesting for a while.

But here are a few things that caught my eye this past week:





Oh and I suppose the foodie in me had to include some, well, food. Voila: my first galette. I went with friends to a really cute crêperie in le Marais, but being the amateur food blogger that I am I can't recall the name...

This one was a galette complète, which is a savory crêpe made from buckwheat flour, hence the darker color, with gruyere, thinly sliced ham, and a sunnyside-up egg on top. It was simple, tasty, and surprisingly very filling. I think I like galettes better than regular crêpes--they have more texture and have a nuttier flavor. It was served with cider, which was alcoholic and much to my dismay, the waitress asked if I was over 18... She thought I was 16. Sigh. I suppose I won't be getting a French lovah anytime soon then, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment